Thursday 29 January 2015

William Simpson



William Simpson 



I recently have been to event where I got to meet with William Simpson which was amazing.  
I found that he had allot to say about the industry that I am interested in going in to. 
He started of with drawing story boards then as he grew in the industry William went on to concept art for films and series. 
William started in the industry with the company called British comics which included the comics Warrior and 2000 AD.He has since illustrated comic books for such industry heavyweights as DC comics and marvel comics.
I am very interested in Williams work and found his talk fascinating and educational and feel so lucky that I got to meet him. 
What i like most about his work is that he still uses traditional methods but also modern methods. I really like his line work and you can see that he puts so much in his work which gives you so much inspiration. 
I find his illustrations do the story telling by them selves with out the text which is what i find so professional and amazingly interesting.
William explained that working in the idustry is not always easy and you have to work very hard and end up when starting out using your own pocket but not to be taken as a mug at the same time. 












Here is a Interveiw i found with William Simpson if you would like to read it.

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/2012/9/27/got-storyboard-artist-william-simpson-gives-a-glimpse-at-sea.html

No comments:

Post a Comment